This interview is the first in a series of interviews titled "Find the Unique: Locally Based Brands We Carry." Read on and get to know the people, vision, and stories behind the products on our shelves! ...And learn how you are supporting a neighbor's dream when you choose to shop small.
1. What inspired you to start your business? My daughter, who was born with lots of hair. It was so hard to find any cute hair pieces that I really liked, so I started to design and make them.
2. Where is your business located? Jersey City
3. What do you love about Jersey City? The community, the convenience and the comfort. I’ve lived here for about 10 years, so I’ve been able to watch it become the wonderful place it is today.
4. What makes your product unique? They are one-of-a kind! They are made with leftover materials, so when I run out of certain designs, I don’t reproduce them. Instead, I just move on to new styles and designs.
5. What age child is perfect for your product? If you are born with lots of hair, you can wear them from day one! My designs are perfect for all ages. I also design items like fascinators that are more adult-ish fashion.
6. What do customers tend to like about your product? The quality and the uniqueness. I think they really like wearing something that is one-of-a kind.
7. Favorite local family activity? Going to Torico's for ice cream.
8. What can customers expect from your brand in the future? I hope to be branching into different types of fun accessories, such as bags.
9. Anything exciting coming or news to share? Hm… I am just taking it day by day
10. Anything else we should know? I am an interior designer who specializes in Healthcare design in the daytime, a wife to a very artistic man and mother to a fun, creative, and smart little girl.