Our 2021 Shop Small Gift Guide for Ages 0 - 6
- Posted on
- By Hazel Baby & Kids
- Posted in christmas, gift guide, Gifts by age, holiday
Not sure what to get for your niece or nephew? We've got this year's sustainably made gifts for the little ones in your family and friend group.
The New Baby
1. Sensory Tumbling Toys - These are a perfect first toy for baby. The yellow ball has a mirror, the blue ball has a rattle, the red wooden ball has cotton filling. It encourages development through play by activating baby's multiple senses. We're big fans of the Plan Toys brand for their sustainable wood farming practices, your gift can open up a love for the minimalist and eco-friendly toys that grow with baby through the years.
2. Mushie Teether & Stacking Cups - Every baby needs a great teether for when the first tooth is cutting through. This food-grade material is perfect mix of soft and tough for baby's gums. The stacking cups will be a hit for building, sorting, knocking over... and doing it all over and over again!
3. Red Caribou French Terry Hoodie - Adorable print, hoodie with ears - you can't go wrong. Red Caribou was born in 2014 with the idea of creating a sustainable clothing brand that could tell meaningful stories though each collection; inspired by animals and nature, creating characters and adventures where the little ones can be the stars.
4. Senso Ball - From the makers of the popular Sophie The Giraffe, this Senso ball is so light weight and soft, made from 100% natural rubber. Fun for baby to squish, hold, throw, and touch! Update! OUT OF STOCK. Alternative here!
5. Board Book - A classic for a reason, you really can’t have enough board books on hand for the first 5 years of a child’s life. Why the hard material? Indestructible to teething and busy babies, and gives their little hands more grip to turn their first page. Starting a love for reading in the early years is so good for a baby’s development… we could go on and on!
6. Hot Dog Rattle - These rattles are so fun as they share a piece of New York City fun. If your gift recipient's parents have a soft spot for the city, they will love these. Also available in other fun shapes including a taxi, metro card, baseball, and banana!
7. Stroller Cards - Any trip to the market or outdoors just got a little more fun for baby! Flip through the cards and play “can you find…”
The One Year Old
- Tegu Blocks - Every little one needs a solid set of building blocks and these magnetic ones are even more cool and easy to build with. This 42-piece-set will grow with baby through the years for endless castles, houses and cars. (It comes with wheels!)
- Minimalist Rocking Horse - This foldable rocking horse is easy to put away! Yes, we said foldable... Perfect for a city baby living that apartment lifestyle.
- Dual Language Board Book - We love this new board book from local Cadamini books! It features a story in both English and Korean side by side.
- Sweatshirt from Red Caribou - This brand has a commitment to minimalist animal and nature illustrations and we LOVE the vibe. Perfect for your baby backpacker. 100% organic peruvian cotton.
- Mama May I Color Sorting Eggs - These sweet hand-dyed eggs are perfect for little hands learning to grasp, sort, and match.
- Shape Sorter Truck - Two classics combined in one. There’s nothing like seeing a baby’s excitement when they finally push the right shape through the right hole. Their pride swells up and they repeat over and over again. This durable toy can hold up to the elements and is great for outdoor and beach play too.
- Wooden Puzzle - Did you know that when babies hold something made of wood it actually releases anxiety? We like to think of it as a sensorial grounding effect. It’s just one of the many reasons we love wooden toys. A tray puzzle is the perfect starting point for puzzles at this age.
The Two Year Old
- Construction Trucks - Every two year old goes nuts for tow trucks, cement trucks, bulldozers… you name it. There’s not much more exciting than an active job site! We love this brand because their toys are made of recycled milk jugs.
- Music Set - Xylophone, Cymbal & Guiro! Three instruments in one, this is a fun toy for the budding musician.
- Wind Up Taxi - Besides being a fun car to race anywhere and everywhere, we are in-love with the minimalist design of Kiko & GG toys. They look just as pretty on the shelf as they do scattered on the floor.
- Love is Love Shirt - This brand has grown to become one of our best sellers as of late. Their fun and poignant shirts are made with the highest quality organic cotton, natural dyes, and are GOTS certified.
- Barn - Old MacDonald would think this place wasn’t too shabby. Our bet is that the rolling tractor is the biggest hit with your two-year-old buddy, and the fact that it closes up to hold all of the pieces in one convenient spot will be the parent’s favorite part about this cute set.
- Magic Mini Scooter - There comes a time in a city baby’s life in which they must get wheels! We see between ages 2 and 3 as the most popular time. This latest model has light up wheels AND handlebars. Don’t forget a helmet!
- Grimm’s Rainbow - Our forever best seller, the Grimm’s rainbow is a gorgeous piece for nursery decor and play. Set up tunnels and slides, hills and mazes - we find this toy really brings out the imagination in little ones.
The Three Year Old
- Magnetic Drawing Board - Another gorgeous design from our friends at Kiko & GG. This is the first wooden magnetic drawing board we’ve laid our eyes on and we had to have it. These are great for road trips. One masterpiece, erase, and create again.
- Floor Puzzle - At this age, floor puzzles are great for collaborative play and then, as they grow confidence, independent play. Dinosaurs, trucks, princesses.. choose one that matches your little one’s interests.
- Mix & Match Animals - This is a great toy to bring to a restaurant where your little one might need something extra to keep them busy. Mix up your characters, give them names, and guess what each one might order off the menu!
- Sarah’s Silks Wings - Butterfly, Superhero, Fairy… with these wings a little one can fly over and over again with their imagination. Gorgeous hand dyed silks are lightweight and simply elegant.
- Handheld Water Toy - A handheld game without a screen?! Count us in. Try to land as many of the rings on the hooks as possible to win this game. Comes with this adorable carrying case.
- Grimm’s Toys - We’ve mentioned before, but Grimms are one of our best-selling brands. The hand crafted wooden toys are made with the utmost care and quality, look stunning in person as nursery decor and provide a wonderful canvas for a child’s imagination. Shown here are the houses -- we also love the wave, rainbow, and cave arch. Each are limited quantities and go quickly with the brand’s loyal following.
The Four Year Old
- Alphabet tracing board - Get a jump start on writing letters with this tracing board. Fine motor skills, concentration and focus, visual-spatial skills, creativity and drawing skills -- all of the above are considered benefits of tracing boards. If its both fun and educational, it’s a great gift in our book!
- Cash Register - We love to see the feeling of responsibility wash over a little one’s face when they take on the role of cashier. Going to the store is probably one of their favorite activities and the magic of the cash register is so much fun to play with at home.
- Yoga Deck - The 30 character and yoga poses on these cards help a little one create a mindful check-in with their feelings. A perfect set with this book written by Nadine Levitt. We love the message that emotions do not control us, and we do not control our emotions.
- Marble Run - I have personally gifted this marble run to so many four year olds and it’s a winner every time. The best part? No small plastic pieces and hours to set up.
- Galaxy Crayons - Your recipient won’t believe these are crayons at first glance. Get lost in outer space coloring planets galore with a future astronaut.
- Acorn Sweatshirt & Joggers - Does this come in adult size? The perfect neutral and simple pattern makes these a go-to outfit. The organic cotton of L’ovedbaby has a loyal following and we are big believers!
The Five Year Old
- Plan Toys Doll House - We love this modern and gender neutral doll house. This model is currently out of stock, contact us via email at [email protected] to find out what we have available.
- Activity Clock - At this age, school has either just started or will be soon. The activity clock is a great way to help a little one feel in control of their schedule and understand that certain activities happen at certain times.
- Paper Magic Kit - When my 5-year-old daughter learned how to make ‘fortune tellers’ she was hooked and our house was littered with them for weeks. This fun kit with illustrated instructions contains directions for making penguins, foxes, fishes, and more!
- Lacing Ornaments - Decorating the house for the holidays can be a ton of fun. We love these lacing ornaments for a safe and easy activity that makes little ones feel like a part of the preparations.
- Lacing Beads - This beading kit includes alphabet beads for custom necklaces, bracelets, and keychains. The perfect size, they are big enough for a 5-year-old to handle independent making.
- Finger Paints - These finger paints are especially fun because they are made of natural food-based materials and you have to mix them with water to get started. It’s a science experiment and fun craft all in one! They even smell great too - in four natural ‘flavors’
The Six Year Old
- Fraction Board - Remember these? We love the nostalgic and academic angle of this gift. Have fun with mathematics at home using this board of blocks showing fractions and their corresponding decimals. The tactile and colorful nature helps memorization become a breeze.
- Gel Crayons - Okay, we’re obsessed with these crayons. They are so smooth and have brilliant color. We saved them for the oldest on our list because they are something to be treasured in a little artist’s tool kit!
- Mad Libs - Another nostalgic classic. We love MadLibs for age 6 because for early writers and readers they really pack the fun and laughs for the whole family.
- 1000 Piece Puzzle - This one is going to bring the whole family together. At 1000 pieces, it may take some time to complete but you won’t regret that feeling of satisfaction when you accomplish a goal together.
- Micro Maxi Scooter - Is it time for new wheels? The micro maxi scooter is the grown up big brother of our popular micro mini - and this one is both foldable and built to last until age 12. Light up wheels complete the fun!
- Viking Helmet - Nutcase makes the most fun and beautifully illustrated helmets out there. Bonus points from our perspective if you get the matching adult helmet to rock with your tiny human.
Be the first to comment...