At times, getting excited over green vegetables can be a tough sell for kids. But guess what we’ve learned? Most of the time, all it takes is a fun silly name and a simple hands-on-experience to completely flip the script and turn eating green veggies into an exciting activity that kids will look forward to and request again and again!
In honor of upcoming St. Patrick’s day, we have come up with a delicious “Lucky Green Leprechaun” smoothie that is sure to impress even the pickiest kids and grown-ups alike. Made from simple, easy-to-find ingredients and naturally sweetened, this recipe can be easily adapted to fit your child’s eating style and dietary needs.
Children will have fun dumping the ingredients into the blender, securing the lid, and pressing the buttons – and they will fondly remember this great time “cooking” together in the kitchen as a positive experience, paving the way for trying more vegetables in other ways in the future!
Scroll below for the recipe, and if you're anything like us and love the feel of a recipe on paper ... you can print and download a version from the link below.
Enjoy and tag us #hazelbabyfam when you try out this delicious smoothie with your family!
LUCKY GREEN LEPRECHAUN SMOOTHIE
- 2 very ripe bananas (the riper, the sweeter!)
- 2 cups unsweetened plant milk or water
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- ½ cup frozen mango
- 1 peeled kiwi
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Whipped non-dairy cream topping
- Dye-free green sprinkles
- In a blender, combine bananas, plant milk or water, and spinach. Blend until everything is well combined.
- Next, add frozen pineapple, frozen mango, kiwi, hemp hearts, and chia seeds. Blend again until everything is smooth. Add more water if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Top with your favorite whipped non-dairy cream topping and green dye-free sprinkles and enjoy!
Leftovers? Freeze into popsicle molds to enjoy later!
Download and print a PDF of this recipe here: https://cdn.shoplightspeed.com/shops/605002/files/42557123/lucky-green-leprechaun-smoothie-recipe.pdf