If you're looking for some fun and easy ideas to do in Jersey City, NJ this summer on a whim, print out the free printable below and hang it on your fridge!
"What should we do today?" is a question that arises more often that we'd like to admit in the summer time. Even in those lovely warm "vacation" months, time can manage to tick slowly when you're looking for ways to entertain the little ones. Luckily, we live in a place filled with endless options for entertainment, culture, exploration and adventure - and an action-packed afternoon is never too far out of reach. For those moments when you feel fresh out of ideas, check out the list below for some inspiration.
And, if you're like us and love a good checklist, download our free printable version here and hang it on your fridge. It's so helpful to have a tangible list ready when you need it. Here's to making Summer 2022 filled with wonderful memories for the whole family!
- Try out a new playground (Did you know there's more than 20?!)
- Ride scooters down Newark Pedestrian Plaza
- Play hopscotch in Paulus Hook
- Watch an outdoor movie at Exchange Place (find the schedule here!)
- Organize a lemonade stand
- Run through a sprinkler at Newport Green
- Have a picnic at Hamilton Park
- Attend a summer block party
- Enjoy a day trip to Van Saun Park
- Watch fireworks from the waterfront
- Play tag in the rain at Liberty State Park
- Read a book at Jersey City Free Public Library
- Go for ice cream at Milk, Sugar, Love
- Dine outdoors on Grove Street
- Do yoga on a rooftop terrace
- Water plants at the Brunswick Community Garden
- Visit the Turtleback Zoo
- Take the lightrail into Hoboken
- Do a random act of kindness
- Go swimming at Pavonia
We would LOVE to see you and your family having fun this summer so be sure to tag us at #hazelbabybucketlist!