How to Make the Most of the 29 Days Left of Jersey City Summer
- Posted on
- By Hazel Baby & Kids
- Posted in Jersey City, outdoor fun, parent life, summer days
Just because we're preparing the backpacks and lunch boxes for school, doesn't mean summer is over just yet. We took a look at some of the best ways to take in the last days of summer in Jersey City.
While school starting in early September often signals the end to summer, rest assured we have a full month left of this joyous season! Before the school schedule gets in full swing, remember to take advantage of all the summer fun Jersey City has to offer. While we LOVE fall and will have so much to suggest in October, here are our tips for making the most of the remaining summer days locally:
- Ice Cream!!!! Who isn’t a sucker for a good cone? And have you seen that Fruity Pebble Mac Daddy ice cream cake from Milk Sugar Love? Find yourself an end of summer party to bring that to.
- Dine outdoors. What better way to enjoy a meal and not feel like everyone is staring at your wacky toddler than to do it at a fun, outdoor spot. Check out the Porta rooftop or enjoy watching the boats pass by at Surf City.
- Get to a new playground. Don’t just return to the same spot you’ve been visiting all of July and August. Have you checked out the merry-go-round at Newport Green, the splash pads at Van Vorst and Hamilton Park or the new kids playground in Liberty State Park?
- Picnic! Speaking of Liberty State Park, what better venue to lay out a blanket and take in the city skyline. Did you know it’s only $2 on the Liberty Landing Ferry from Warren Street? Don’t even worry about driving and parking.
- Stay Fit. It’s hard to find time to work out these days but take advantage of the outdoors and why not do it with child in tow? Have you tried Stroller Power Fitness? It’s a great outdoor workout without the need for a sitter. Feeling ambitious? The Newport Liberty Half Marathon is coming up on September 16.
- Participate in an Event! There are always so many family-friendly events in town, especially in the Summer. Take note of the HCCC End of Summer Book and Art Fair this weekend, and mark your calendars to join us on September 7th as we host the kids collaborative art installation with JC Fridays.
What’s your favorite way to spend a summer day in Jersey City?
Be the first to comment...